Things I Learned About Vlogging on YouTube

headphones in, glasses on, mug, amber bracelet, ready to vlog
Look at that baby YouTuber.

I just started a YouTube channel, and I've posted a welcome video and my first official vlog. I want to share with you everything I've learned so far.

Here's all of it in lovely list form:

1. You can create a YouTube channel for free.

You just need to have an e-mail address. Boom! Easy!

2. You can create a thumbnail image for your video with a free app.

My friend, JayMunee (an expert YouTuber), introduced me to a beautiful app called PicsArt (get it for Android from Google Play here; get it for iPad/iPhone here), and I am in love with it so much that I may need to marry it. (Sorry, Looey Q!) This app allows you to place text on a photo, cut out an item in an image and paste it onto another image, and so much more! It's like Photoshop, but more user-friendly, and - Did I mention? - it’s FREE!


3. You can choose a thumbnail for your video, but the resolution of the image must be 1280x720 or lower.


I don’t know how to make the resolution lower or higher on photos. I had my graphic-designer husband (LooeyQ) decrease the resolution of my thumbnail image so it would fit. I intend to learn to do this myself, and might write a blog post on how to do it (preferably without using Photoshop); let me know in the comments if a post about this would interest you.


 4. YouTube has basic features that allow you to enhance your video.


You can do things like brighten up a video, for free. For example, I brightened up my YouTube channel welcome video a bit before posting (if you're interested, you can watch the video by clicking here)

If you just want to get the video up and enhance it later, YouTube lets you go back and edit the video even after you've posted it.

You can read the rest of this post at ellanewriter.com.




Comments

  1. That is so neat! Thanks for the tips. When I get the courage to make videos I will refer to this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you could use the info to help you get started. I have a lot left to learn, but I'll make sure to share as I learn.

      Delete
  2. Great tips! I find YouTubing so intimidating, so its great to get advice from someone starting out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my post! Glad I could make YouTube seem less intimidating. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the Dot to Dot Connections Making Tracks Connections Box

Mom Confessions: Things You Said You'd Never Do as a Parent, But You Did

How I Learned to 'Vlog Like a Boss'