Groupon Getaway: The Restaurant

storefront, Tijuana Taxi Co, Tijuana Taxi Co Storefront.
Tijuana Taxi Co. Look at the pretty lights in the window. I was like a moth to an arc of colorful lights.

After our relaxing 2-hour couple’s retreat, we had quite the appetite.

We didn’t get a Groupon for lunch, but we did get a Groupon for the hotel (which we planned to check-in to after our feast; link to the blog about the hotel coming soon).

As we were driving into the shopping center, we saw this place with colorful light arcs on the windows.

Just like the spa, the exterior of the restaurant was underwhelming, except for those fun-looking colorful light arcs.

Tijuana Taxi Co.? Is it a Mexican taxi company? No. It can’t be. So, I Googled it, and it was a restaurant!

Say what?!

I had to see what those arcs of lights were all about, so we walked over there.

“Hi. Welcome,” said a waiter that stood by a group patrons seated at a table on the patio.

We walked in, and a hostess greeted us, “Hi. Two?”

She grabbed a couple of menus and directed us to our table — a cute little booth made for two.

Looking around, I noticed that this was not the typical Mexican restaurant. It had so many vibrant colors everywhere and seemingly random signs, flags, posters, etc hung on the walls and ceiling, and I couldn’t help but imagine myself in a busy Mexican market.

Interior decor of Tijuana Taxi Co, banners, signs, pinata cacti, tv
Viva Mejico! Bourbon St.? What a multicultural fiesta!

I could already tell that this meal was not only going to be all about stuffing food into my mouth and chewing until my belly was full, it was going to be an experience.

Condiment rack, Corona salt shaker, Corona pepper shaker, Heinz Ketchup, Cholula Hot Sauce, Tobasco Sauce, Specials
Condiments and specials.






Pizza shirt, holding menu
My husband in his cool pizza t-shirt that (sure, why not?) totally fit in with the theme of the restaurant.

A minute later, our waitress welcomed us and asked what she could get us to drink. I asked for water because I’d already had my fill of flavored fluids with the wine and tea we drank at the spa. My husband ordered a diet coke.

She brought us a basket of tortilla chips and a little container of salsa. That was very good. We ordered the queso dip to finish eating our tortilla chips. It was good! But we wanted to try another appetizer.

Tijuana Taxi Co Menu, Chips, salsa, chips and salsa
Me with the menu and the tortilla chips and salsa.


You can read the rest of this post at ellanewriter.com.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the Dot to Dot Connections Making Tracks Connections Box

Mom Confessions: Things You Said You'd Never Do as a Parent, But You Did

How I Learned to 'Vlog Like a Boss'